Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Midnight

The sweet silence of the night. This is my favorite time of the day. Everything is quiet and peaceful. It is my time, has always been my time. I have always loved the night. For as long as I can remember I would stay up later then most. I love the solitude, the accomplishments, the calm. I used to stay up all hours of the night just listening to my music, writing, drawing...whatever I wanted to do. Now, as the mother of three little boys, my love of the night has never been truer or more needed.
It is the quiet after the storm. After everyone is put to sleep I look around, I listen, and I think. Sometimes I just go over the days events wondering how I'm going to do it all again tomorrow when today was so very trying. And other times I look around at a stray toy that was forgotten and I think about how I may feel 20 years from now...when all my boys are grown and gone. I think I will be sad, and I think I will miss their noise. It is an odd feeling this back and forth. And this is what the night is. My chance to go over things in my head, my chance to create and not think about those things, my chance to clean my house, my chance to watch a TV show without being interrupted, my chance to just sit and think about my boys and their futures, my chance to dream. Midnight is my time.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations....you have been awarded the "PROXIMIDADE Award".
    See my blog for its meaning and how you are to award it to 8 others.
    Have fun and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy midnight to you...I'll wave at the moon then and maybe our greetings will pass in the night and touch :)

    ReplyDelete